Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation grants up to 50 German Chancellor Fellowships every year to prospective leaders from Brazil, China, India, Russia and the USA – irrespective of their field of work. Recipients use the fellowship to conduct together with their German host and mentor a socially-relevant project that they have developed themselves.
- A monthly fellowship of €2,150, €2,450 or €2,750, depending on your qualifications
- Individual mentoring during your stay in Germany
- Additional financial support for items such as family members accompanying you, travel expenses or a German language course
- A study tour of Germany, an opportunity to meet the German chancellor at the end of your stay and a number of events during which you can make contact with other fellows and representatives of German companies and institutions
- Extensive alumni sponsorship, particularly to help you sustain contact with collaborative partners in Germany during your entire professional career
- The applicant must be a national of Brazil, China, India, Russia or the United States.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent academic degree completed less than twelve years before the beginning of the fellowship
- A confirmation of supervision by the host in Germany
- A project plan which candidates must draw up on their own and coordinate with their host.
- Initial proven leadership experience
Further information, a list of all application requirements and a link to the online application form are available at www.humboldt-foundation.de/youngleaders.
Advice and contact
If you have any questions regarding the German Chancellor Fellowship Programme or would like individual guidance, please contact us at email@example.com.